Monday, 23 December 2013

the fragrance direct new years eve make up look challenge #FDNYE


I've been asked to take part in the Fragrance Direct New Years Eve make up look challenge where my look is posted on their Facebook for followers to vote for their favourite look. The blogger who wins will receive £100 credit to spend on the site, imagine how much make up I could get for that! All we had to do was choose 5 products with a £15 budget from FragranceDirect.co.uk - one of my favourite beauty discount sites. I've been absolutely loving a red lip this party season, letting it do all the talking with just a hint of sparkle on the lids and skin. I feel this look would be perfect with any little black dress on new years eve. My NYE this year is being spent in London but the plans for the evening following the fireworks display aren't certain, therefore I wanted something classic without being overdone. I'm thinking I'll add a few loose curls to my hair to finish it off.

For my base I chose the Une 100% Mineral Foundation in 03 for a really natural looking finish. This isn't a product I'd recommend if imperfections need a lot of covering as it's really light, but I chose it because there's no SPF making it a good option if photos are being taken. 

I actually used the Sunkissed Glimmer Compact in two ways. I swept a really light dusting all over my face, with a little extra on the cheeks. I wanted to avoid being really shimmery so used a brush that would only pick up a small amount of all of the shades blended together. For a little glow I used a setting brush to pop some of the highlighting shade on my cheek and brow bones. I also used two of the individual shades on my eyelids for a complimenting bronzed look. 

On the lower lash line I used the L'Oreal Colour Infalliable Eyeshadow in Sassy Marshmallow for a little extra frosted colour. It's a really unique shade with an almost metallic blue/silver pressed glitter finish that also has flecks of baby pink running through it. It really brightened the area where I'd usually opt for a natural coloured pencil. I finished my eye make up with a mascara that's really impressed me - Maybelline The Rocket. Lashes are lengthened and defined without taking away the focus from the lips. 

To complete it all I used the Calvin Klein Delicious Luxury Creme Lipstick in Venus. It's one of few reds that I feel suits me, and this one is super creamy without slipping or smudging. You can get away without wearing a liner which I really like and colour builds almost instantly. 

What do you think of my look? If you like it, please vote for me on Fragrance Direct's Facebook here.
What are your plans this new years eve?

*These five products were sent to me for the purpose of this challenge.
Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter

6 comments:

  1. Thank you :) I'd really love to win but the looks the other girls have created are super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lipstick colour, it looks beautiful! x

    Maddy from UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  3. the lipstick is really pretty, really suits you xxx

    mollyox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lipstick does look fantastic x
    www.beautyqueenuk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try mineral foundation

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate all of your comments :) Ask me questions @rebeccalouiseee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...